Monday, April 20, 2015

Why fashion needs to not dominate the lives of people in the BGLT community.

Its a stereotype that far too often has a basis in reality. Women and men being fashion obsessed, an industry that thrives off of people fitting into a certain mold; thin to the point of anorexia or muscular, air brushing the image until the model doesn't recognize him/herself, and then the leaders of the fashion world (maybe "fascist world" would be better?) turn on the people that support them. here, Dolce & Gabbana, two gay men speak out against gay marriage:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2015/03/16/dolce-gabbana-break-the-internet-coming-out-against-gay-parenthood-elton-john-calls-for-boycott/

and then here, Giorgio Armani critcises how gam men should look and women who have had cosmetic surgery:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/giorgio-armani-criticises-the-way-some-gay-men-dress-saying-a-man-has-to-be-a-man-10188661.html

so, you can be gay but don't have children in any way, don't have cosmetic surgery, dress in a CIS manner. pay no attention to what the models do or do not do with their bodies, follow the trend that we set forth for this season, and be ready for dramatic changes for next season.

I am a Bisexual Male to Female transgender person. I am happily married and I support my wife and our growing family. I will dress as I please and anytime I dress in a non cis manner or in a way that is contrary to the fashion police, I want them to take it as a personal affront, I want them to see my non compliance as a big F you to those who think they have any right to say how I or my partners or my family should live our lives. In closing, may Giorgio Armani, Domenico Dolce, and Stefano Gabanna be visited by Sekhmet when she hasn't had a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment